DePaul University Campus Recreation > The Ray > Facility Policies >
Access policy for children/dependents:
- If parents are members, their children and dependents age 15 and under get free guest privileges when using the facility with their parents. Members must register their children with Membership Services; a birth certificate is required for verification. Each child will have their picture taken and be issued a purple key tag. They must present the purple key tag in order to access the facility.
- Access is limited during the academic year to Monday through Thursday from 9 am - noon, and all day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Children are allowed unlimited access during summer months and academic break periods.
- Children who are not members but are registered for instructional classes will be issued a non-member access card.
- Members can purchase a membership at a matching rate for any of their children and/or dependents age 16 to 22.
- Children whose parents are not members may come as a guest of a member by paying the $13 guest fee during children's access hours.
- Children must show their non-member access card or key tag to access the facility.
- Children and dependents under 16 years old are required to be supervised at all times by a parent/guardian member unless they are in a paid program.
- Children under 16 are not allowed on the second floor unless preapproved through a registered program or special rental.
- Children must be escorted to/from scheduled program by their parent/guardian. Parent/guardian must remain in the facility while the class is meeting.
- Members may escort and supervise other members’ children in the facility.
- Children whose parents are not members may use the facility if they are sponsored as guests, pay the $13 guest fee and supervised by the sponsoring member at all times.
Locker Room Access Restrictions for Children/Dependents:
- Children three years of age or younger may enter/use the locker room of the opposite gender.
- Children ages four or older are not allowed in the locker room of the opposite gender; the unisex/assisted change locker room is available.
- Children ages seven and up may enter the appropriate locker room without adult supervision.
- Use of the unisex/assisted changelocker room is encouraged by families with children; please see a building manager if the room is locked.
- Caregivers may escort member's children to and from paid programs. Caregivers must wait on the pool deck or in the atrium during the program.
- Caregivers must have their own membership to supervise other member's children during children's hours or to use The Ray.
Babysitting is available for children ages three months and older.
See Membership Services to register your child or children for access to the facility.