Our dance classes will help you relieve stress, ease tension, tone muscle and gain skills. The Ballet Academy in Lincoln Park provides training for serious and recreational dancers. Classes are designed to build confidence, coordination, discipline, concentration, and appreciation for the performing arts. Children will participate in a year-end recital.
Register for ballet at The Ray Membership Services desk, online or through The Ray at DePaul app! For details on how to get a user name and password and download the app, go to the Registration page.
Fall Quarter Registration
Already have a log-in account? Register now.
- Registration opens on Wednesday, August 22 at noon online and in person for members
- Registration opens on Wednesday, August 29 at noon online and in person for non-members
Fall Quarter Dance Classes
Monday Dance Classes
Session I: September 11 - October 8
Session II: October 15 - November 12
- Adult Beginning Ballet; 4 - 5pm
- Adult Intermediate Ballet; 5 - 6:30pm
Friday Dance Classes
Session I: September 7 - October 19
Session II: October 26 - December 21
- Pre-Ballet, (age 4-5); 4:00-4:55pm
- Ballet, (age 8 – 10); 4:00- 5:30pm
- Intermediate Ballet, (age 11 – 13); 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Jazz (age 8 -10); 5:45 - 6:45pm
Saturday Ballet Classes
Session I: September 8 - October 20
Session II: October 27 - December 22
- Pre-Ballet (age 3); 10:50 - 11:30 am
- Pre-Ballet (age 4); 10 – 10:45 am
- Pre-Ballet (age 5); 9 – 9:55 am
- Pre-ballet (age 6-7); 9 - 9:55 am
- Ballet (age 8 – 9); 10 - 11:30 am
Session I - 7 weeks
45 minute classes: member $95, nonmember $112
90 minute classes: member $150, nonmember$168
Session II - 8 weeks
45 minute classes: member $110, nonmember $128
90 minute classes: member $175, nonmember$192
Where can I park?
- The east side of Sheffield Ave. between Belden and
Webster allows for free parking
- The west side (across from The Ray) is Chicago paid parking
- There is a parking garage on Sheffield a block north of The
Ray - Ray staff will stamp your garage ticket so you will receive
the DePaul rate of $14 per session.
- Light pink tights, pink shoes, light pink leotard, hair up
in bun or ponytail.
- Plain black leotard, short, cap, spaghetti or
tank sleeves. NO crisscrossing, aerobic or halter style straps. No high cut or
aerobic cut legs. Pink tights. Pink shoes that fit like a glove with elastic
straps sewn on. Hair up in tight bun (tight pony tail, very flatly put into
bun, use lots of pins, hair net), minimal bangs