Our dance classes will help you relieve stress, ease tension, tone muscle and gain skills. The Ballet Academy in Lincoln Park provides training for serious and recreational dancers. Classes are designed to build confidence, coordination, discipline, concentration, and appreciation for the performing arts. Children will participate in a year-end recital.
Register for ballet at The Ray Membership Services desk, online or through The Ray at DePaul app! For details on how to get a user name and password and download the app, go to the Registration page.
Winter Quarter Registration
Already have a log-in account? Register now.
- Registration opens on Wednesday, December 5 at noon online and in person for members
- Registration opens on Wednesday, December 12 at noon online and in person for non-members
Winter Quarter Childrens Classes
January 4-March 15
- Pre-Ballet, (age 4-5); 4-4:55 pm
- Ballet, (age 8 – 10); 4- 5:30 pm
- Intermediate Ballet, (age 11 – 13); 5 - 6:30 pm
- Jazz (age 8 -10); 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Saturday Ballet Classes
January 5-March 16
- Pre-Ballet (age 3); 10:50 - 11:30 am
- Pre-Ballet (age 4); 9 – 9:45 am
- Pre-Ballet (age 5); 9 – 9:55 am
- Pre-ballet (age 6-7); 9 - 9:55 am
- Ballet (age 8 – 9); 10 - 11:30 am
Pre- ballet and jazz classes: Member $156, Non-member $176
Ballet and Intermediate ballet classes: Member $245, Non-member $264
Where can I park?
- The east side of Sheffield Ave. between Belden and
Webster allows for free parking
- The west side (across from The Ray) is Chicago paid parking
- There is a parking garage on Sheffield a block north of The
Ray - Ray staff will stamp your garage ticket so you will receive
the DePaul rate of $14 per session.
- Light pink tights, pink shoes, light pink leotard, hair up
in bun or ponytail.
- Plain black leotard, short, cap, spaghetti or
tank sleeves. NO crisscrossing, aerobic or halter style straps. No high cut or
aerobic cut legs. Pink tights. Pink shoes that fit like a glove with elastic
straps sewn on. Hair up in tight bun (tight pony tail, very flatly put into
bun, use lots of pins, hair net), minimal bangs