This is a beginner group lesson for kids who have an increased level of comfort in the pool. Swimmers will begin to move independently in the water over the course of the session.
Skills needed for entry into Level 2:
• Able to enter water independently, using either the ramp, steps, or side, travel at least 5 yards, submerge mouth for at least 3 seconds, then safely exit the water. Children can walk, move along the gutter or “swim.”
• Able to glide on front at least two body lengths, then roll to back and float for 3 seconds, then recover to a vertical position.
Skills learned in Level 2 (including but not limited to):
• Completely submerge face; demonstrate five bobs
• Back float (without support)
• Paddle on front and back 25 yards with PFD
• Paddle on front and back 15-25 feet without PFD
• Introduce rotary breathing
• Introduce elementary backstroke
• Water Safety Topics: danger of drains, look before you leap, learn reaching assist
Members $104; non-members $184; eight lessonsSaturday; 10:15-11 amSaturday; 11-11:45 am
January 11-February 29Sunday; 9:45-10 am
January 12-March 1