Note: The curriculum for Level VI and Kids Swim Workout have been combined to better incorporate technique work with endurance/workout training.
This class is intended for swimmers who can swim each stroke proficiently, have a strong understanding of technique, want to improve speed and endurance, and achieve optimal performance level by improving stroke technique and aerobic endurance. There will be a strong focus on the “workout” aspect of this class.
Skills needed for entry into Level 6/Kids Swim Workout:
• Able to swim front crawl for 50 yards then swim elementary backstroke 50 yards using appropriate and efficient turns
• Ability to swim 200 yards continuously using any 3 strokes, swimming at least 50 yards of each stroke
• Swim breaststroke for 25 yards, change direction of travel then swim back crawl for 25 yards using appropriate and efficient turns
• Swim 25 yards butterfly
• Solid understanding of all four strokes (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle)
Skills learned in Level 6/Kids Swim Workout (including but not limited to):
• Increase stroke speed and endurance
• Increase butterfly and breaststroke abilities
• Structured workouts
• Train to achieve an optimal performance level by improving stroke technique and aerobic endurance.
• Water Safety Topics: Importance of knowing first aid and CPRFall Quarter
Members: $117; non-members $205; eight lessons
Sunday, 11:20 am - 12:20 pm
September 16-November 4