Are you a current DePaul student, faculty or staff member based in the Loop? Visit the recently expanded Loop Fitness Center and Studio for a great individual workout or to join a group for midday or after work classes!
The Fitness Center and Studio (located in the basement of CDM) access is free to all enrolled DePaul students and faculty/staff. Make sure to bring your ID to access the facilities. The Fitness Center houses cardio and weight equipment and the Fitness Studio offers space for stretching, resistance training, and classes, including Yoga, Mat Pilates, and Muscle Work.
Fitness Center and Studio Hours
- Monday - Friday: 7 am - 11 pm
- Fitness Studio closed for classes Monday - Friday, noon - 2 pm
- Saturday: 8 am - 6 pm
- Sunday: Noon - 6 pm
The Fitness Center and Studio are closed on DePaul holidays.
Fitness Studio Classes
Loop Fitness classes are open to current DePaul students, faculty and staff! While you're downtown, take some time during your lunch to move and join us in the Fitness Studio for low impact fitness classes! With these classes, you can sign up for one specific timeslot (Noon or 1 pm) or have unlimited access to all the classes held throughout the week. You also have the option to drop in as your schedule permits for $10.
Session One: Tuesday, April 2-Friday, May 7 (no class Friday, April 19)
Session Two: Tuesday, May 14-Friday, June 14
Class Offerings (fee based classes; registration required).
||Yoga 30 min (12:15-12:45 pm)
||Mat Pilates 45 min
||Muscle Work 45 min
||Yoga 45 min|
||Mat Pilates 45 min
||Core and More 45 min
||Yoga 45 min|If you have any questions about Loop fitness classes, contact Danielle Arens.
Cost per session:
- Tuesday 30 minute class: $30
- Wednesday-Thursday: $40 sign-up for noon or 1 pm class offerings
- Friday: $32 session one; $40 session two; sign-up for noon or 1 pm class offerings
- Lunchtime Unlimited: $90; access to all loop classes
- Drop-In: $10 per class (payment must be made online prior to the class)
First-time guests: Create a guest account by clicking the Become a Guest button on the system log-in page. Select Program Registration and Loop Fitness category and class options will be displayed.
Returning guests: If you previously signed up for a program and already have a guest account created, log-in with your username and password.Select Program Registration, and Loop Fitness category and class options will be displayed.
- Pilates Mat: Get a total body workout at any fitness level! Mat exercises will range from fundamentals to advanced, with modifications provided. This is an excellent class for developing muscle strength, tone, and flexibility. Mat exercises will range from fundamentals to advanced, with modifications provided. This is an excellent class for developing muscle strength, tone, and flexibility.
- Core and More: Core strength is the foundation to a strong body. Work your abs, obliques, lower back, and glutes in these classes.
- Muscle Work: A complete strength training workout learning how to use a variety of equipment to target all your major muscle groups.
- Yoga: Learn a variety of yoga poses, flows, and how to link breath to movement in these classes. Namaste!
- PiYo: A total-body fitness system designed to whip you into shape from head to toe. It combines the practices of Pilates and yoga to help you build strength, lose weight, increase flexibility and have a great time doing it.
Loop Equipment Orientations; FREE!
Orientation sessions are offered Monday – Friday from 8 am to 7 pm and sessions are 30 minutes long. Complete fitness center orientation:
Cardio equipment orientation:
- Designed to learn the ins and outs of the facility, covering the usage of cardio machines, selectorized machines, and finishing with free weights, foam rolling basics etc. This is great for someone who is novice when it comes to working out or someone who is new to working out.
Functional equipment orientation:
- Ideal for an individual that is looking for a quick introduction to common cardio equipment, and an explanation to the different training settings on the equipment.
Selectorized machine orientation:
- Designed for individuals that want a walk through all the functional equipment within the facility such as, kettlebell, TRX, dumbbells.
How do I sign up?
- Ideal for individuals that want a brief introduction to various selectorized machines within the facility and will be orientated on what specific muscle groups each machine targets or can target.
If interested with any of the equipment orientation options, an appointment is required. For appointments or more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in jump-starting or exploring ways to enhance your fitness routine? Set up sessions with a personal trainer
for individual, partner, or small group training in the Loop Fitness Center and Studio. For more information, contact Danielle Arens