Are you a current DePaul student, faculty or staff member based in the Loop? Visit the recently expanded Loop Fitness Center and Studio for a great individual workout or to join a group for midday or after work classes!
The Fitness Center and Studio (located in the basement of CDM) access is free to all enrolled DePaul students and faculty/staff. Make sure to bring your ID to access the facilities. The Fitness Center houses cardio and weight equipment and the Fitness Studio offers space for stretching, resistance training, and classes, including Yoga, Mat Pilates, and Muscle Work.
Fitness Center and Studio Hours
- Monday - Friday: 7 am - 11 pm
- Fitness Studio closed to drop-in use due to midday classes Monday - Friday, noon - 2 pm
- Check out the classes we offer in the section below
- Saturday: 8 am - 6 pm
- Sunday: Noon - 6 pm
The Fitness Center and Studio are closed on DePaul holidays and days when the CDM
building is closed.
Fitness Studio Classes
Loop Fitness classes are open to current DePaul students, faculty and staff!
- While you're downtown, take some time during your lunch to move and join us in the Fitness Studio for low impact fitness classes!
- With these classes, you may sign up for one specific timeslot (Noon or 1 pm) or have unlimited access to all the classes held throughout the week.
- You also have the option to drop in as your schedule permits for $10.
- Registration information is provided in the "Class Pricing/Registration" section.
Winter Quarter 2020
Session One: Monday, January 6 - Thursday, February 13; 6 week session; with class makeups the week of February 17.
Session Two: Monday, February 24-Thursday, April 2; 6 week session; with class makeups the week of April 6.
All classes are 45 minutes; registration required!
||Core and More
If you have any questions about Loop Fitness Classes, contact Danielle Arens.
Cost per session:
- $45 sign-up for one session at either noon or 1 pm (e.g. Mondays at noon or Wednesdays at 1pm)
- Lunchtime Unlimited: $65; access to all Loop classes
- Drop-In: $10 per class (payment must be made online prior to the class)
First-time guests: Create a guest account by clicking the Become a Guest button on the system log-in page. Select Program Registration and Loop Fitness category and class options will be displayed.
Returning guests: If you previously signed up for a program and already have a guest account created, log-in with your username and password.Select Program Registration, and Loop Fitness category and class options will be displayed.
- Pilates Mat: Get a total body workout at any fitness level! Mat exercises will range from fundamentals to advanced, with modifications provided. This is an excellent class for developing muscle strength, tone, and flexibility. Mat exercises will range from fundamentals to advanced, with modifications provided. This is an excellent class for developing muscle strength, tone, and flexibility.
- Core and More: Core strength is the foundation to a strong body. Work your abs, obliques, lower back, and glutes in these classes.
- Muscle Work: A complete strength training workout learning how to use a variety of equipment to target all your major muscle groups.
- Yoga: Learn a variety of yoga poses, flows, and how to link breath to movement in these classes. Namaste!
Loop Equipment Orientations; FREE!
Orientation sessions are offered by appointment Monday – Friday; sessions are 30 minutes long. To make an appoinment or ask other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Several types of orientation are offered or we can provide a combination that is useful for you:
- Basic fitness center orientation is designed especially for beginners or those new to working out. We provide an overview for the whole facility, cover the usage of cardio machines, selectorized strength machines, and functional training equipment, as well as discuss stretching and/or foam rolling basics.
- Cardiovascular equipment orientation is ideal for an individual who is looking for a quick introduction to common cardio equipment and an explanation of training settings on the equipment.
Functional equipment orientation is designed for individuals who would like an introduction to the functional equipment available including kettlebells, TRX, dumbbells, and the SYNRGY functional training station.
- Selectorized strength equipment orientation is ideal for individuals who want a brief introduction to various selectorized pieces and are interested in learning the specific muscle groups that each may target.
Are you interested in jump-starting or exploring ways to enhance your fitness routine? Set up sessions with a personal trainer
for individual, partner, or small group training in the Loop Fitness Center and Studio. For more information, contact Danielle Arens