If you're looking for a fun, friendly place for your child to play while you get your morning workout, check out our babysitting service!
- Available Monday through Saturday, 9 am - Noon
- Children are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Participants must be at least 3 months old
- The child's stay should be limited to a time appropriate for the individual child
- Parents/guardians must remain in the facility while their child is in our care
- Babysitting services are not available on Christmas Eve, the day after Thanksgiving nor when The Ray is closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
About Our Services
Children are supervised in mixed-aged groups and may socialize with children of various ages and levels of development. Our babysitting staff maintains a 5:1 child-to-babysitter ratio when children are older than 14 months and a 4:1 ratio with children younger than 14 months. Parents/guardians are required to remain in The Ray while their child is in babysitting. Babysitting procedures are detailed below.
Campus Recreation offers three babysitting pass options for purchase at the Membership Services desk. All passes expire one year after purchase.
- 3-hour pass: $25
- 12-hour pass: $90
- 15-hour pass: $100
- Babysitting hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 am - Noon.
- Time will be deducted from the passes in increments of 15 minutes. The time begins when the parent/guardian leaves the child and ends when the parent/guardian picks up the child.
- The parent/guardian who drops the child off will also provide the babysitter with information about their anticipated location in the facility (e.g. cardio/weight area, studio, 3rd floor).
- Children must be picked up before the end of babysitting hours. If a child has not been picked up, the parent/guardian will be contacted.
- No one may pick up the child except for the person who signed in the child. When picking up the child, the parent/guardian must sign out with the babysitter.
- Children should arrive at babysitting prepared for their visit as food is not permitted. Drinks in plastic cups labeled with the child’s name are allowed.
- The length of a child’s stay should not require a diaper change. If necessary, parents will be contacted to change their child.
- If evacuation of the facility is necessary during babysitting hours, children will be moved by staff members across the street to the Student Center. Guardians should check with a Ray staff member after they are safely evacuated to assist them in reuniting with their child.
- For the well being of all children using the babysitting service, sick children are not permitted to attend babysitting.
- The parent/guardian who brought the child must remain in the facility at all times.
- The babysitter may have a staff member contact the parent/guardian at any time regarding the status of his or her child. For example, the parent/guardian may be contacted if the child is inconsolable, if the child is displaying inappropriate behavior, or if the child seems to be ill.
- Children whose behavior is unruly, negatively affects other children, or threatens the safety of the group may be asked to leave. Parents/guardians will be contacted to remove their child. If unacceptable behavior is chronic, the child may lose eligibility to participate in the babysitting service.
- The parent/guardian will always be contacted in an emergency situation.
- Babysitters are not responsible for administering medication.
- Babysitters are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Contact Shaun Cooley at (773) 325-4552 if you have any questions or comments regarding the babysitting program. Please read the children's policies for facility access times and supervision information.