Do you want to escape bustling city life by exploring beautiful locations and experiencing outdoor activities? Campus Recreation’s Outdoor Adventure program provides trips and workshops that are both educational and fun.
Adventures and Workshops
Wellness Walk and Yoga; Friday, February 22
Friday, February 22, 1 - 3:15 pm; Open and FREE to DePaul University students only.
Tired of being cooped up inside? So it's time to opt outside and enjoy the restorative benefits of a nature walk followed by a special yoga class. Meet at The Ray for a refreshing walk to the Lincoln Park Conservatory, check out the beautiful, earthy world inside, and return to The Ray for yoga! You are welcome to participate in both activities or just choose one. We'll leave the Ray at 1 pm and return by 2:30 for a 45 minute yoga class. Can you think of a better way to decompress from the week and get re-energized for the weekend? We can't either!
Meet at The Ray by the front desk for the walk, OR if you plan to attend yoga only, meet in Studio C at 2:25 pm. Please pre-register so we can get a pre-walk count, but feel free to grab a friend and bring them along! They'll thank you for it!
Click here to sign up online.
Yoga and Camping Retreat; May 3-5, 2019
Save the date; pricing coming soon!
Location: Knobstone Hiking Trail in Southern Indiana
Date/Time: May 3-5; must be able to leave early Friday morning
Price: $195; DePaul students only; fee includes transportation, food while camping; camping equipment; yoga sessions. Participants are responsible for providing their own yoga mat
The Outdoor Adventure Program wants to take you away for a weekend that will fuse the beauty of nature with the freeing meditation of a yoga retreat. This trip will travel to the Knobstone Hiking Trail in Southern Indiana for a weekend of camping while taking part in progressive Power Vinyasa yoga sessions that will put you and your body in touch with the beautiful surroundings. During the weekend, participants will have the opportunity to explore sections of the 58-mile trail and enjoy a weekend away with mother nature.
Please note: Must register in-person during Membership Services hours
Friday Rock Climbing Clinics - Every Friday!
Dates: Fridays; January 11- March 8
Cost: $13 first timers; $9 returners (not members of the Cliffhangers club)
Registration deadline: Each Wednesday before the climb. Register at The Ray Membership Services desk, online or through The Ray at DePaul app! For details on how to get a user name and password and download the app, go to the Registration page.
Climb with us every Friday from 1:30 - 3:30 pm indoors at Lakeview Athletic Club (Belmont and Broadway). After your first climb, you'll have the opportunity to join the Cliffhangers Rock Climbing Club.
Southern Utah Volunteer Vacation; Spring Break
Friday, March 22-Sunday, March 31
DePaul Students: $675; $250 deposit is due at time of registration; balance due Friday, January 18
- All meals while camping in Utah (first meal breakfast Sunday, March 24 and last meal Saturday morning, March 30),
- Transportation (to and from Chicago)
- Camping supplies (does not include personal gear, clothing or work boots/gloves),
- National park access
- Work tools
Located between the Utah towns of Moab and Monticello, the trip will include:
- Camping in Hatch Point Campground, a beautiful site with amazing views of Bears Ears National Monument and Canyonlands National Park
- Service project working on Trough Spring Trail, a 2.5 mile trail that descends 1,100 feet with amazing views climbing down into the canyon! We will be building steps, drainages, retaining walls, and clearing brush that will help open the trail for summer visitors.
- Two “free days” that will allow exploring the area and will include a day trip to Arches National Park, which encompasses 76,000 acres of spectacular canyonlands highlighted by an extraordinary collection of spires, fins and, of course, arches and the world famous Delicate Arch. The myriad colors and textures of the landscape makes this park a special place to spend a week.
Adventure trips are designed for DePaul University students, with a limited number of spaces open to faculty and staff.
Register through our online registration system.