Do you want to escape bustling city life by exploring beautiful locations and experiencing outdoor activities? Campus Recreation’s Outdoor Adventure program provides trips and workshops that are both educational and fun.
Adventures and Workshops
Friday Rock Climbing Clinics - Every Friday!
Dates: Fridays; January 11- March 8
Cost: $13 first timers; $9 returners (not members of the Cliffhangers club)
Registration deadline: Each Wednesday before the climb. Register at The Ray Membership Services desk, online or through The Ray at DePaul app! For details on how to get a user name and password and download the app, go to the Registration page.
Climb with us every Friday from 1:30 - 3:30 pm indoors at Lakeview Athletic Club (Belmont and Broadway). After your first climb, you'll have the opportunity to join the Cliffhangers Rock Climbing Club.
Southern Utah Volunteer Vacation; Spring Break
Friday, March 22-Sunday, March 31
DePaul Students: $675; $250 deposit is due at time of registration; balance due Friday, January 18
- All meals while camping in Utah (first meal breakfast Sunday, March 24 and last meal Saturday morning, March 30),
- Transportation (to and from Chicago)
- Camping supplies (does not include personal gear, clothing or work boots/gloves),
- National park access
- Work tools
Located between the Utah towns of Moab and Monticello, the trip will include:
- Camping in Hatch Point Campground, a beautiful site with amazing views of Bears Ears National Monument and Canyonlands National Park
- Service project working on Trough Spring Trail, a 2.5 mile trail that descends 1,100 feet with amazing views climbing down into the canyon! We will be building steps, drainages, retaining walls, and clearing brush that will help open the trail for summer visitors.
- Two “free days” that will allow exploring the area and will include a day trip to Arches National Park, which encompasses 76,000 acres of spectacular canyonlands highlighted by an extraordinary collection of spires, fins and, of course, arches and the world famous Delicate Arch. The myriad colors and textures of the landscape makes this park a special place to spend a week.
Ski/Snowboard Trip; Devils Head Wisconsin; Sunday, January 27
Leave early, spend the day on the slopes, and get back to campus before
bed! Open to beginners and experienced skiers/snowboarders
Location: Devils Head Ski Resort; Merrimac, Wisconsin
Date/Time: Sunday, January 27; 5:45 am - 8:30 pm
Cost: $97 includes lift ticket, transportation and either ski package (skis, poles. boots) or snowboard package (board and boots).
$70 for lift ticket and transportation only; we will transport your equipment.
Lessons available for $20; must register ahead of time through The Ray
Adventure trips are designed for DePaul University students, with a limited number of spaces open to faculty and staff.
Register through our online registration system.