The Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center is located at 2235 North Sheffield Avenue on DePaul University's Lincoln Park Campus. The 123,000 square foot facility provides the DePaul community with a wide variety of fitness and recreation opportunities including a diverse offering of facility spaces, equipment, programs, and services.
The Ray offers:
- 12,000 square foot strength and conditioning area with more than 100 pieces of cardio equipment, selectorized equipment, and free weights
- 25-yard, six-lane swimming pool
- Four-court gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, and badminton
- Three racquetball courts
- 1/8 mile banked jogging track
- Locker rooms
- Over 65 weekly Group Fitness classes, free to members
- Specialty classes including swim lessons, yoga, dance, Pilates, martial arts, fitness training and safety training.
- Personal training
- Massage therapy
- Intramural sports and club sports for students, faculty and staff
- Outdoor equipment rentals
- Outdoor Adventure trips for students, faculty and staff
- Team Challenge
Campus Recreation enhances the quality of life of students and the greater DePaul community by facilitating and encouraging active and balanced lifestyles and participant learning through engagement in our programs, services, and facilities.
To accomplish this mission and support the Vincentian mission of DePaul University, the department will:
- Offer high quality programs and services that are inclusive, innovative, and comprehensive;
- Maintain progressive and well managed facilities in a safe and enjoyable environment;
- Provide experiential learning and foster the development of leadership, social, and management skills through employment and participation opportunities;
- Promote sustainability through the effective and ethical management of human, financial, and physical resources.