Campus Recreation > The Ray > Facility Policies >
Requests for volleyball, badminton, or soccer equipment
set-up will be accommodated when possible. Make
request to the Entrance Attendant when checking in. The Building Manager
will be notified to assess the request.
- The gymnasium is primarily intended for basketball, volleyball and badminton. Other activities are permissible if considered safe and appropriate as determined by the Campus Recreation staff.
- Baseball and softball related activities are not permitted on the courts.
- Courts are prioritized for informal recreation, intramural sports and club sports.
- A minimum of one court is always available for informal recreation.
- Shirts and athletic, non-marking shoes that cover and support the entire foot are required.
- Basketball games are played to 15 points (scoring ones and twos); winning teams may remain on the court.
- Hanging on nets or rims is prohibited.
- Keep courts clear of bags and clothing. Lockers and cubbies are available on the third floor free of charge.
- No food or beverages are allowed on the courts except water in closed plastic containers
- Only personal trainers and instructors approved by the Campus Recreation professional staff are allowed to provide services in the facility.
- Use of the facility for commercial gain (such as to conduct private instruction or training of others) is prohibited.
- For your safety and security, this area is under video surveillance.
Racquetball Court Policies
- Eye guards are recommended.
- Closed toe, non-marking athletic shoes are required.
- Reservations may be made 48 hours in advance via phone (773/325-4560), in person at equipment issue or online.
- Only one court may be reserved per person per day.
- Reservations are limited to one hour.
- Reservations are held for a maximum of ten minutes.
- Patrons who have reserved the court may check out a wallyball set and ask for assistance in putting up a wallyball net on the court.
- If a court is not in use for racquetball, the following policies apply: 1) Use for group dance or exercise is limited to three individuals; use by more than three requires a formal rental (check Facility Rental page for application). 2) Use of fitness or exercise instruction external to Ray programs, including the use of computer-aided or DVD-aided instruction, is restricted to no more than three individuals, including an instructor.
- During Spring Quarter a netted golf driving range will be set up on court 3 on Thursday from 8:30-11:30 pm and Friday from 5:30 am - 1 pm. This is for drop-in use. Used clubs will be provided but patrons may bring their own.