DePaul University Campus Recreation > The Ray >
Forget your ID?
All patrons are required to show their DePaul student ID or Campus Recreation key tag. Showing proper identification to the Entrance Attendant (or using The Ray app) arethe only acceptable methods of proving your membership status.
Campus Recreation allows a one-time exception every quarter to accommodate patrons who do not have their ID with them. However, verifying information without a student ID or key tag requires considerable time. To accommodate all of our users in a timely fashion, student IDs and key tags need to be scanned, as this is the most time efficient manner to check in.
Students who have lost their ID must get a replacement ID from ID Services before they can use the facility. ID services will no longer issue a temporary student ID. Members who have lost their key tag can purchase a replacement for $10.
- Alcohol, non-prescription drugs and tobacco products are not permitted.
- Food and beverages are permitted only in the Atrium and vending areas. Water in closed plastic containers is permitted in all other areas of the facility.
- Injuries, accidents, or equipment failures must be reported to the Building Manager. In the event of a serious injury, press a duress alarm for medical attention and seek assistance from a staff member.
- The Department of Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Personal belongings are not permitted in activity areas and must be kept in a locker.
- Please consult a physician prior to engaging in physical activity. The Department of Campus Recreation is not responsible for accidents or injuries that occur due to the nature of the activity.
- Non-marking athletic shoes are required in all wood courts and fitness studios; close-toed shoes required in other activity areas.
- Mature and respectful conduct is expected and required at all times.
- Any unwarranted physical contact or verbal abuse of a staff member or a patron will not be tolerated.
- Only personal trainers and instructors approved by the Campus Recreation professional staff are allowed to provide services in the facility.
- Use of the facility for commercial gain (such as to conduct private instruction or training of others) is prohibited.
- Usage of cell phones in the locker rooms or bathrooms is strictly prohibited. Misuse of cell phones in any area of the facility may result in removal from the facility and revocation of privileges. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to:
- Loud or inappropriate cell phone conversations
- Photography or video recording of members without expressed permission
- Due to private membership, any photography or videotaping that takes place in the facility must be authorized by Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center administration. Unauthorized photography and videotaping are not allowed. Examples of formal photography or videotaping include but are not limited to:
- Photos and videos for class projects
- Photos and videos used for unauthorized promotional material
- Photos and videos used in the creation of short films and movies.
- Animals are not allowed in the facility except for the express purpose of assisting or aiding persons with disabilities.
- All patrons must comply with staff directives. The Campus Recreation staff has authority regarding facility conduct and use of equipment as well as in all emergency situations. Failure to comply may result in suspension or termination of Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center privileges.
- Damage to property and verbal or physical abuse is not tolerated; violators will be escorted out of the facility and subject to disciplinary action.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release from Liability