Campus Recreation > The Ray > Facility Policies >
Group Fitness Studio Policies
- All Group Fitness classes are free to DePaul students and Campus Rec members. Specialty Programs require registration and may include a fee.
- Group Fitness class entry is on a drop-in basis and will be open on a first-come, first-served basis. Class size may be limited due to space or equipment limitations. No additional participants may enter a class once room capacity is reached.
- If the room is in use prior to your class starting, you may line up. However, there is no saving space in line for friends.
- Soft-soled, closed-toe athletic shoes are required for all cardiovascular and resistance training classes. Hard-soled, cycling shoes are appropriate for cycling classes.
- All equipment must remain in the studios and must be returned to its proper location after use. Equipment from other areas may not be brought into the studios. All equipment should be used for the manner for which it is designed.
- Studios A, B, and D are available for stretching or other non-obtrusive activity when not specifically scheduled for a Campus Recreation program or rental. However, the only music that may be used by "drop-ins" are personal listening devices with headphones. Studio stereos may NOT be used. The Cycle Studio and Studio C are available for formal programs ONLY and NOT for drop-in usage.
- For drop-in usage involving groups, the following policies apply: 1) Use for group dance or exercise is limited to three individuals; use by more than three requires a formal rental (check Facility Rental page for application). 2) Use of fitness or exercise instruction external to Ray programs, including the use of computer-aided or DVD-aided instruction, is restricted to no more than three individuals, including an instructor.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel any class on the basis of low attendance or registration.
- All participants in Group Fitness classes on the second floor must be 16 years of age or older; Teens aged 13 and older may accompany a parent or guardian to a class on the 3rd or 4th floors.
- Personal belongings (such as bags or coats) are not allowed in the studios. Temporary lockers are located on the second and third floors near the studios and daily lockers are available from Equipment Issue. Campus Recreation staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Appropriate athletic attire is recommended.
Group Fitness Recommendations
- Participants are encouraged to arrive to class on time and stay for the entire class.
- Towels are recommended for all classes and may be picked up from Equipment Issue or the second floor attendant area.
- Water bottles are recommended for cycling classes.
- Participants are encouraged to wipe down mats after usage; Gym Wipes are available outside studios.