Lower your stress level and focus on what you need to be content in life.
Become mindful, meditate and develop your tools for a life of peaceful
existence and ability to find joy. This class is an 8-week exploration of a research-based Mindfulness approach for incorporation into and enhancement of your lifestyle.
If you are a DePaul student who is looking for short introductory mindfulness workshops, check out our quarterly Wellness Workshops.
- Summer Session: *Tuesdays, June 5 - July 31, 2018; 6 - 8:30 pm; No class Tuesday, July 3 includes an all-day retreat Saturday, July 21, 9am - 4pm.
- *Registrants need to attend an 1-hour Orientation Tuesday, May 29; 6 - 7pm
- Fee: DePaul Students $150; Faculty/Staff & Ray Community Members $250; Community NonMembers: $350
- Early Bird Discount: prior to 1st class - $50 off regular price
Participation is restricted to those who are willing to commit to some additional hours of mindfulness practice outside of the class-times. Complete the online preliminary registration and you will receive a response from instructor Lisa Patterson Raterman within one business day with additional instructions regarding an Orientation session. After attending Orientation, if you and the instructor are confident this class is right for you, you will register and we will accept payment for the class.
is an established protocol consisting of 30 hours of direct instruction in
using the wisdom of the body and mind to confront stress, pain, and illness and
to ultimately thrive. MBSR is taught and practiced in hospitals, universities,
clinics, boardrooms, and faith-based organizations. Visit Working Mindfulness
for more information about the instructor, the discipline, and the class.
- For whom is the class designed? Anyone interested in learning to tap into the power of focused awareness to withstand life's myriad challenges, both large and small; this is a great experience for those pursuing a career in the "helping professions" of social work, medicine, education, etc.
- Will I be MBSR-certified when I finish? This is a personal development class, not an instructor-certification class.
- Where does the class meet? At the Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center at 2235 N. Sheffield Ave. Chicago IL 60614
- Where can I park? 1) The east side of Sheffield Ave. between Belden and Webster allows for free parking; 2) The west side (across from The Ray) is Chicago paid parking; 3) There is a parking garage on Sheffield a block north of The Ray - Ray staff will stamp your garage ticket so you will receive the DePaul rate of $14 per session.
- Who is providing the instruction? Lisa Patterson Raterman, RN, BSN, is part of the Illinois MBSR/MBCT Consortium and is also a certified Mediation Specialist. She is founder and CEO of Working Mindfulness LLC.
- Other questions? Contact Sarah Hardin Associate Director, Campus Recreation