Lower your stress level and focus on what you need to be content in life.
Become mindful, meditate and develop your tools for a life of peaceful
existence and ability to find joy.
- Class Meetings: Mondays; Jan. 8 - March 5, 2018; 6:00 - 8:30 pm
- Fee: DePaul Students $150; Faculty/Staff & Ray Community Members $250; Community NonMembers: $350
- Early Bird Discount: (Apply to register by January 5, 2018) $50 off
Participation is restricted to those who are willing to commit to some additional hours of mindfulness practice outside of the class-times. Complete the online application and you will receive a response from instructor Lisa Patterson Raterman within one business day with additional instructions.
is an established protocol consisting of 30 hours of direct instruction in
using the wisdom of the body and mind to confront stress, pain, and illness and
to ultimately thrive. MBSR is taught and practiced in hospitals, universities,
clinics, boardrooms, and faith-based organizations.
- For whom is the class designed? Anyone interested in learning to tap into the power of focused awareness to withstand life's myriad challenges, both large and small. AND anyone who is pursuing a career in the "helping professions" of social work, medicine, education, etc.
- Will I be MBSR-certified when I finish? This is not an instructor-certification class although if you want to pursue instruction, you may discuss how the hours of this class can help you work towards that goal.
- Where does the class meet? At the Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center at 2235 N. Sheffield Ave. Chicago IL 60614
- Where can I park? 1) The east side of Sheffield Ave. between Belden and Webster allows for free parking; 2) The west side (across from The Ray) is Chicago paid parking; 3) There is a parking garage on Sheffield a block north of The Ray - Ray staff will stamp your garage ticket so you will receive the DePaul rate of $14 per session.
- Other questions? Contact Sarah Hardin Associate Director, Campus Recreation