Thursday, May 10, 2018; 11 am - 2 pm
When? Anytime between 11 am and 2 pm - drop into The Ray for the Expo and to pick up a Wellness Passport and Walk Map.
Spring is in the air (sort of)! So it's time to put on your walking shoes, grab a friend or colleague, and get outside. Hoof it around campus and over to The Ray, where you can gain sustenance (free food provided by Dining Services and The Bean), information (check out campus and community wellness resources), and free stuff (raffle prizes for anything from food to haircuts to a FitBit).
What? A walk around campus at your own pace. The total course is 1.5 miles but you can drop into it anywhere on campus that you would like and jump off of it into The Ray for free food and other stuff at the Wellness Expo. It's all up to you and your schedule!
How do I get involved? You may preregister (preregistration will begin May 1 and preregistered participants receive an extra raffle ticket) or simply pick up a Passport and Map at The Ray Check-In Desk on Thursday May 10!
How do I get raffle tickets and win prizes? When you walk the course and/or attend the Wellness Expo at The Ray, you will carry a Wellness Passport that you will get stamped. Turn in your stamped passport at The Ray to receive 1 raffle ticket for each stamp. You willautomatically be entered into a drawing for the grand prize and you may use your other raffle tickets to enter into the drawings for other prizes of your choice. Stamped passports MUST be turned in by 2:15 pm on May 10.
How do I get a Wellness Passport? Pre-register here beginning on May 1 and one will be emailed to you (pre-registration also gets you an extra raffle ticket). Or you may pick up a Wellness Passport at The Ray on the day of the walk.
Why? This is your chance to enhance your lifestyle through:
This event is held in partnership with:
- Getting your move on! A walk is a quick and easy way to wake our bodies up and get some of the recommended daily amount of physical activity we need.
- Stimulating your brain! Research shows that physical activity actually stimulates brain activity and improves creativity.
- Making connections! Bring some friends or co-workers with you or meet someone new. This is a chance to connect with other DePaul students, faculty, and staff.
- Learning about resources! Campus and community wellness organizations will be on hand to answer questions and help you gain information important to your well-being.
- Winning prizes! Who doesn't like free stuff? You can get raffle tickets by participating in the walk and/or attending the information tables. It's easy and fun and informative!
We hope that through participation, you will increase your awareness that being physically active can be fun, it doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it improves the blood flow to your brain. This stimulates thought processes, your creativity, and your productivity when you do have to go back to work or study!
- The Office of Health Promotion and Wellness
- Dining Services
- The Office of Human Resources
The Bean Caffe'