The snow is beginning to blow, but we have something to look forward to - getting rid of those winter blues at The Wellness Walk and Expo on Friday, May 10, 2019.
What? A walk around campus at your own pace. The total course is 1.5 miles but you can drop into it anywhere on campus that you would like and jump off of it into The Ray for free food and other stuff at the Wellness Expo. It's all up to you and your schedule!
When? Friday, May 10, 2019. Anytime between 11 am and 2 pm - drop into The Ray for the Expo and to pick up a Wellness Passport and Walk Map.
How do I get raffle tickets and win prizes?
When you walk the course and/or attend the Wellness Expo at The Ray, you will carry a Wellness Passport that you will get stamped. Turn in your stamped passport at The Ray to receive 1 raffle ticket for each stamp. You will automatically be entered into a drawing for the grand prize and you may use your other raffle tickets to enter into the drawings for other prizes of your choice. Stamped passports MUST be turned in by 2:15 pm on May 10.
How do I get a Wellness Passport?
Pre-register HERE beginning May 1 OR Pick up a Wellness Passport at The Ray on the day of the walk.
Why? This is your chance to enhance your lifestyle through:
- Getting your move on! A walk is a quick and easy way to wake our bodies up and get some of the recommended daily amount of physical activity we need.
- Stimulating your brain! Research shows that physical activity actually stimulates brain activity and improves creativity.
- Making connections! Bring some friends or co-workers with you or meet someone new. This is a chance to connect with other DePaul students, faculty, and staff.
- Learning about resources! Campus and community wellness organizations will be on hand to answer questions and help you gain information important to your well-being.
- Winning prizes! Who doesn't like free stuff? You can get raffle tickets by participating in the walk and/or attending the information tables. It's easy and fun and informative!
Join us!! Being physically active can be fun, it doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it improves the blood flow to your brain. This stimulates thought processes, your creativity, and your productivity when you do have to go back to work or study!
Many thanks to those who have provided prizes in the past!
Diversey Health Center, Moosejaw, The Peace School, Orthodontic Experts, Cryobar, Float Sixty, Doterra Essential Oils, American Red Cross, White Oak, Salon 9nb, Good Games, Old Town School of Folk Music, CARA, Campus Recreation, Body Peace Chicago, Range, and Derby. Special thanks once again to Novacare!!