CareerExplorer is an online self-assessment and career research tool made available to DePaul students and alumni by the Career Center. This unique resource allows users to explore how their values, interests, personality, and skills fit with over 700 potential career paths.
Once you have created an account, you will be presented with a series of questions that measure over 150 traits in the interest of identifying a list of careers suited to who you are and what is important to you. You should allow for approximately 30 minutes to complete the assessment, after which you will be able to log in any time to review both your career matches and your trait and personality reports.
Instructions to create an account:
- Visit the CareerExplorer page.
- Provide your first name, last name, and email address.
- Provide your school ID (7-Digit DePaul ID). This ID will be verified with your enrollment in the school.
- Create a password with minimum 8 characters. Be sure to include numbers, symbols, uppercase and lowercase letters to make it a strong password.
- Select your major/ program and then select the Career Communities you are interested in.
- Mention your graduation year.
- Click Finish to create your account.
Some students are struck by the wide variety of topics the assessment touches on. Because career decision making is something that should be informed by a close look at your personality, interests, work history, and aspirations, the questions and reports can sometimes feel personal or unexpected. Remember, the aim of this tool is to help you take a deep dive into who you are and what it will take for you to be most satisfied in a work setting. We encourage you to connect with us to go over your results - we are here to help you weigh out what you learn and identify next steps.
Schedule an appointment with the Exploration Career Community Team
Schedule an appointment online in Handshake or call (773)325-7431. Our advisors offer Loop, Lincoln Park, virtual and phone appointments.
Make an Appointment