Career Center > Jobs & Internships >
University Internship Program
Connect real-world experiences to your future career
Whether you are looking to build professional skills, develop job search tools to help you land your next job, or learn how to navigate your current internship in order to stand out, the University Internship Program (UIP) has a course for you. UIP's practical 4-credit courses can help you make the most of your internship experience and fulfill DePaul's Experiential Learning graduation requirement. View the full course list.
|Complete the UIP
Steps for Enrollment
Internship Position Standards and FAQs
What requirements does a job have to meet to be considered an internship?
An internship position should meet these seven qualifications. Your internship should:
- Allow you to explore career development issues and interests
- Open up opportunities for you to enhance analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Not entail more than 25% clerical work
- Involve substantial interaction with professional staff
- Be supervised or mentored by a paid professional within the organization
- Require a minimum of 10 hours per week and a minimum of 100 hours total of work experience
- Require you to work at least 10 consecutive weeks, or same amount of weeks as the term of enrollment (e.g. Winter intersession term is only three weeks long)
Internship Plu$ Program
The Internship Plu$ Program provides up to $1,200 in financial assistance to eligible undergraduate students working in a quarter-long, unpaid internship. While working, you will also enroll in a UIP course. Consideration will only be given to undergraduate students with financial needs. You may work at other paid or unpaid jobs while you are taking advantage of this financial support opportunity. At this time, there are a limited number of spots available each quarter.
To apply for this program, please search for the application on DePaul Scholarship Connect.
Please note, the program isn't available during winter intersession or summer quarter.
The University Internship Program (UIP) Team is available to walk you through the enrollment process and answer any questions you may have regarding UIP qualifications and deadlines, and the Internship Plu$ Program. Contact us at email@example.com.