DePaul's Office of Institutional Diversity & Equity (OIDE) works to coordinate the myriad diversity resources, information and procedures, both internally and externally, available to the university community. Check out their page of diversity resources for students, including a list of Internships, Scholarships, Fellowships, and Special Programs for Diverse Students.
The Office of International Student & Scholar Services' (ISS) employment page offers an overview of employment options for international students. Please note: All off-campus work authorization requires prior approval from the ISS.
Find out how your student can connect to their future through the Career Center during each step of their time at DePaul with our parent and family guide.
Other Employment and Industry Resources
- General Research
- International Employment
- Career Information Collection - The DePaul Library's Career Information Collection includes books, publications and digital to assist you with your career research.
- Career and Company Research Guide- You need to research a company prior to interviewing! At the very least, understand the industry in which it operates so you can ask intelligent questions. This guide from DePaul's Library can help!
DePaul's Coleman Entrepreneurship Center is a partner to the university's nationally ranked academic entrepreneurship program in the Driehaus College of Business. The center serves as an entrepreneurial hub for DePaul students, faculty and alumni, as well as the broader Chicago business community.
- USAJobs.gov is the Federal
Government’s official source for federal job listings, job applications, and employment
information. Not all jobs may be listed on USAJobs, so it is advisable to also check
- GoGovernment.org is for
students interested in working for the federal government and provides application
tips, federal resume writing tips, the application process, benefits of working
for the government, pay information, listing of government agencies and more.
Federal Occupations by Major - a list of academic majors and some Federal occupations directly related to those majors.
- FAQs on working for the government - This section answers some
frequently asked questions about government work and workers—including what they
do, where their jobs are, what kind of education they need to get started, and how
much they earn.
Local and Municipal employment:
- State of Illinois employment -
- For more information on municipal occupations and job postings in the state of Illinois
go to the Illinois City/County Managers Association IAMMA.org and the Illinois Association of Municipal Management
- For national information on Public Administration occupations go to the American
Society for Public Administration ASPAnet.org.
County (Cook and collar countries) employment:
City of Chicago employment:
International Job Resources
International Job Sites for full time positions and internship opportunities: Many sites also feature information about moving overseas, legalities and cultural awareness.
High Recognition International Organizations: