Registration is now open!
2019 CMC Conference Tentative Schedule:
8:30 - 9:00am……..Continental breakfast
9:00 - 9:15am……..Welcome remarks
9:15 - 10:00am……Keynote speaker Allen Bryson
10:00 - 10:15am…..Break
10:15 - 11:30am…..Breakout session 1
11:30 - 11:45am…..Break
11:45 - 12:45pm…..Lunch
1:00 - 2:15pm……..Breakout session 2
2:30 - 3:45………....Breakout session 3
3:45 - 4:00pm……..Break
4:00 - 4:10pm……..Closing remarks
4:30 - 6:30pm……..Networking and social
CMC Conference Details:
- August 28, 2019, at DePaul University's Lincoln Park campus.
- $25 registration fee
- Discounts for students, DePaul students, and financial need available upon request. Please contact us prior to registering for discount code.
- Discounted parking available at two on-site locations: 2331 N Sheffield Avenue and 2330 N Clifton Avenue.
- Download the CMC flyer here: Chicago Mentoring Collaborative (CMC)
About Chicago Mentoring Collaborative:
Established in 2017, the Chicago Mentoring Collaborative (CMC) is a partnership of local higher education, K-12, non-profit and community-based organizations committed to strengthening the depth, breadth and success of mentoring programs within Chicago.
CMC is steered by faculty and staff representing DePaul University, Truman College (CCC), University of Illinois- Chicago (UIC), Chicago Public Schools, Mentor Illinois, IMentor, Youth Guidance and Sinai Health Systems.
CMC aims to:
- Increase the post-secondary outcomes of Chicagoans, including those pursuing higher education, career or trade, and the military.
- Facilitate the development and sustainability of intrinsically motivated and effective mentoring programs.
- Keep community voice and culture at the heart of practice.
- Foster community for Chicago-based mentoring practitioners.
Priorities for 2018-2019:
- Provide professional development opportunities to practitioners that support mentorship program sustainability and effectiveness.
- Connect existing K-16 mentoring programs to enrichment opportunities within the higher education community.
- Map Chicago's mentoring landscape inclusive of K-12, higher education, and community-based programs.
- Serve as a think-tank partner for Chicago Public Schools and community mentoring practitioners.