College Connect is a summer enrichment program for Chicago high school students. Designed for rising high school seniors and juniors, the program introduces students to college-level coursework, while also providing college readiness workshops, career exploration opportunities, and diverse cultural experiences.
Admission to the program is based on demonstrated academic achievement, counselor or teacher recommendation, and students' personal essays. Applications for the 2018 summer program will be available in January 2018.
Past College Connect courses included:
- Religions in Chicago - investigation of diverse religious traditions and cultural communities in our hometown;
- Social Injustice - analyzing examples of social and cultural injustice across many Chicago neighborhoods and ways citizens fight back;
- "In Our Own Words": Family Storytelling and Oral Histories - teaching students the value of family experiences and how to preserve their own oral traditions;
- Anthropology of 'Good Eats' - hands-on exploration of ethnically diverse foods in Chicago;
- Hospitality 101: People, Product, Preparation - introduction to the rapidly growing hospitality industry and what it takes to become a leader in the field.
For more information about College Connect, contact Kate Agarwal at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (773) 325-8375.