College Access offers specialized services that address the unique needs of first-generation college students, low-income students and students of color. Examples of services we offer year round include:
Campus visits for special groups
College Access staff works in partnership with DePaul
Admission to host special group visits to our Lincoln Park Campus. Our office works with middle and high school counselors, college coaches and nonprofit organization leaders to widen college
access for traditionally underrepresented populations.
Due to our small staff and minimal resources, we have a limited capacity for hosting group visits. Please complete the Visit Request Form, providing as much detail as you can, and a College Access staff member will contact you about your request. Please note:
- Our office hosts visits from schools and nonprofits from Chicago or TRiO-affiliated organizations only
- All visit requests must be submitted at least 2 full weeks ahead of your preferred visit date
- All students visiting DePaul must be grades 6 and up
- Students should be adequately prepared for their college visit prior to arriving on campus to maximize their engagement
- We cannot accommodate groups larger than 50
Essay editing for high school seniors
Most college applications require a personal statement and many also ask for additional essays. We hear from many high school seniors who stress over their essays and get intimidated by the multi-step process, so we developed a short video on college essay writing that includes real advice from admission counselors to address some of the questions we hear most often from students.
To assist with our mission, we employ DePaul students to work in our office as Peer Guides. These students are proficient in college-level writing
and are trained as editors by the DePaul Writing Center. They work one-on-one with high school seniors on their personal
statements for college applications and scholarship essays. Our essay editing services are FREE, fast and helpful to students looking for practical assistance with their college essays.
How to use our FREE essay editing service:
- Go to our online form and follow the instructions
- Make sure to complete all required fields
- You'll be assigned an editor and get feedback from them within 1-2 business days
- You can submit multiple essays (but one at at time)
- Download our flyer for more info
For more information about College Access services, contact:
DePaul Welcome Center
2400 N. Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 325-8902 | CollegeAccess@depaul.edu