Note: Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Qualify as either a first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree) whose household meets the low-income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education; or be a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (currently defined by the U.S. Department of Education as Native American, Alaskan Native, Hispanic/Latino and African-American);
- Be in good academic standing;
- Hold sophomore status by the time of program enrollment;
- Possess and maintain a competitive cumulative grade point average (2.7 in STEM fields and 3.0 or above for social sciences and humanities);
- Have a sincere desire to complete a PhD or equivalent terminal degree depending on discipline.
Application for the 2017-18 school year is now closed.
For more information, contact:
Arnold Mitchem Fellows Program
Schmitt Academic Center, Suite 166
2320 N. Kenmore Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 325-4743 | email@example.com