To purchase printed graduation announcements, click here. If you are graduating with honors based on your cumulative grade point average, you may indicate such distinction to your announcements order. (Not all options apply to DePaul.)
Graduates should review the following and select the appropriate distinction:
- Undergraduate Students:
- Cum Laude for GPAs between 3.5 and 3.699
- Magna Cum Laude for GPAs between 3.7 and 3.849
- Summa Cum Laude for GPAs between 3.850 and 4.0.
See the undergraduate student handbook for more information.
- Graduate Students: Please check with your graduate office as honors requirements differ between each college and program.
- Law Students: See the Law student handbook for information on honor distinctions. Check with your faculty advisor for more specific information.
Graduates who are members of an honor society, affinity group, or student organization may receive an honor cord symbolizing achievements throughout their academic career. Please check with the group or organization to see if they provide honor cords.
DePaul does not give out honor cords based on G.P.A.
Graduates who make a legacy gift with Alumni Relations are eligible to receive a legacy cord.