Countdown to Classes: 10 Tips to Get You Ready for DePaul
Summer may be coming to an end, but that means new adventures at DePaul are right around the corner. There’s a lot to learn, so to get you started, we’ve compiled 10 tips to help you prepare for life in college, life as a Blue Demon and life in Chicago.
- At DePaul, DIBS doesn’t mean “I saw it first.” Get to know your DePaul mascot, and get ready for some furry high fives.
- Stay in touch with New Student and Family Engagement (NSFE). They have lots of programs and tips to help you (and your family) get acclimated! Follow them on Twitter at @DePaulNSFE.
- Download iDePaul. iDePaul keeps your course schedule, maps, library info, campus events and more in the palm of your hand. It's available for iPhone, Android, and yes, even Blackberry.
- Fall in love with Chicago. Start by checking out these 25 Chicago sights and attractions.
- Reserve your Blue Demon tickets. DePaul sporting events are FREE to you as a student. Make sure you get good seats!
- Know where to find your morning cup of joe. And if it needs to be a latte and a blue-and-red frosted donut, go to Brownstones! Follow the cyber café in the Lincoln Park Student Center on Twitter at @DePaul_bstones.
- If you'll be living on campus, leave your lava lamp at home. Do you know what you should bring? Find everything you need to know on the Fall Move-In page of Housing Services' website.
- Learn from other students. For instance, Zoe Krey has some great tips to help you get ready for DePaul. Is she right about your parents?
- Organize your finances: Bank account, checkbook, credit or debit card, budget and calendar of payment due dates. If you don't already have a bank, check out DePaul's on-campus banking partner, PNC. They have a mobile app called Student Wallet designed for you!
- The cow didn't do it. Read the real history of the Great Chicago Fire (not to be confused with Chicago's awesome soccer team).
Learn more great tips and see what others have to say by following DePaul University
on Facebook, where we’re counting down to class with these tips and more for the next 20 days. And if you want to see even more from DePaul, you can check out #IAmDePaul
on Instagram, where our students document their lives on campus and in Chicago.