Oh hey there!
I’m Emily and I’m a senior studying Journalism with a minor in Psychology. I’m originally from the northern suburbs, Wilmette, where I frequently go to visit my dog Piper.
Some (fun) facts about me:
- I went to school in Canada my freshman year
- I’m a dual citizen with Canada and the US
- I have an obsession with elephants (and rode one once in Thailand...best day of my life)
- I’ve been making movies with my friends since I was 10
- I tap danced for 10 years
- I can quote pretty much every line of Friends
- I could eat a PB&J for almost every meal
- I’m obsessed with yoga (and am getting into meditation)
- I played badminton in high school (it’s a real sport...we went to State)
- I just went on a 4 day meditation retreat for one of my classes (and I get credit for it!)
At DePaul I have experience transferring, taking classes part time (and taking a medical leave), commuting for a quarter, living in on campus apartments, writing for the DePaulia, changing majors and being a student worker in the CDM graduate admission office!
When I’m not in classes or working, I enjoy writing in coffee shops, taking my dog to the beach, rewatching 30 Rock (but my latest obsession is The Newsroom and Broad City), watching movies and being a film snob about them, practicing yoga (obviously), and making breakfast for dinner.