Choosing what college to attend wasn’t an easy decision for me. I knew that I wanted to go to school in Chicago, but I was conflicted between schools here. I had visited the two that I was interested in, but didn’t necessarily know which was going to be better for me and which would better prepare me for the future.
So, I chose DePaul based on these considerations:
- Location in Chicago and proximity to downtown
- Smaller size of the science program compared to other Chicago schools
My story doesn’t stop here because these reasons only scratch the surface of why I’ve enjoyed my four years here at DePaul.
Here are the major reasons why I’ve had an incredible experience at DePaul:
- Small size of science program
: Because the science program
is relatively small, there’s more of an opportunity to get close with professors and get involved in undergraduate research.
- Location in Chicago: The proximity of DePaul to downtown Chicago, specifically the major business districts and many hospitals, means that you have the more opportunities to get experience outside of classes.
- Relationships with professors and staff (feeling much more like an individual and not a number): This is one of my favorite aspects of DePaul. It’s clear just how much professor’s care about their students and how hard they will work to help students succeed. While they have high expectations for students, they make sure you have support and the resources you need to make the most of your experience at DePaul.
- Vincentian mission
: I didn't know anything about the Vincentian mission
before coming to DePaul, but it's been an important aspect of my college career. The mission has provided a larger purpose for my education here and guidance to how I see myself contributing to society in the future.