Steans Center > About > Staff >
- Assistant Director for Academic Service Learning
Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA
Political Science, Economics & Peace, Justice and Conflict Studies BA
Rubén challenges and supports the Academic Service Learning (ASL) team in the development of high-quality Community-based Service Learning (CbSL) courses. He co-leads ASL around Community and Faculty Development initiatives, serves on Steans, Egan & Asset-based Community Development (ABCD) Management Team.
Areas of Consultation:
- Faculty, Community Partners and internal departments interested and involved in community engagement
- Engages with faculty to assist in the integration of Community-based Service Learning (CbSL) pedagogy and modalities into their courses and/or programs
- Engages with community partners to identify opportunities to connect community-assets with CbSL partnerships in order to further their mission
- Works with other DePaul departments and programs interested/involved in community engagement activities.