DePaul University Croak Student Legal Services > Services >
Extent of Services
CSLS provides resources to students who are representing themselves, helps students find answers to their legal questions, and provides attorney referrals. CSLS does not take cases for full representation or represent students in court.
- CSLS attorneys may assist students with selecting appropriate legal forms and provide some guidance on completing those forms.
- CSLS attorneys cannot and will not take a side in any matter.
- CSLS attorneys do not represent any party in the legal matters discussed.
- No attorney-client relationship is established through a meeting at CSLS.
- While CSLS attorneys will not discuss matters with other parties or outside CSLS, matters discussed at CSLS are not legally privileged and confidential.
- CSLS attorneys cannot offer students assistance with disputes involving DePaul University.
- CSLS attorneys are not responsible for the result of any cases discussed in the clinic.
- If you already have an attorney, CSLS cannot assist you.