DePaul University Teaching Commons > Teaching Guides > Technology > Desire2Learn > Tools > Panopto > Using Panopto for Student Presentations >
Adding a Panopto Link
If you want to collect student videos, but do not want students to share their videos with the rest of the class, you will need to create a Panopto link within the Content
area of your course. This link will direct students to the Panopto assignment folder,
and this is how they will upload their video content.
- Navigate to the Content area of your course.
- Open a module. (If you need help creating a Content module, please see this guide.)
- Click Add Existing Activities to release a menu of options.
- Choose External Learning Tools.
- Choose Panopto Recordings.
- A pop-up window will appear to indicate that your "Topic Successfully Created."
When students click on the Panopto Recordings link, they will see the assignment folder at the top of the page. Instructors will access the videos from this assignment folder:
Provide students with instructions. Students will need instructions for downloading the
Panopto recorder and uploading their video to Panopto.
We recommend providing students with a link to the Providing Students with Panopto Instructions - Instructor as Only Viewer page. News items and assignment descriptions are good places to provide the link.