Creating a Panopto Assignment Folder
In addition to adding Panopto to your class, you will also need to create an assignment folder. The assignment folder is what gives students the ability to upload their content to your course via Panopto.
- Navigate to Panopto (via the navigation bar or via the external learning tools link).
- At the top of the page you will see the name of your course’s Panopto folder. This corresponds to the name of your course in D2L.
- To the right of the folder’s name, click the gear icon in order to open the Folder Settings.
- Within the Overview tab you will see a section labeled Assignment Folder.
- Click the Create Assignment Folder link.
- The folder will be created, and its name will be listed in the place of the link. This change is saved automatically. Use the X in the upper right corner to close the window.
NOTE: Panopto assignment folders do not copy when a course is copied. So, the step of creating a Panopto assignment folder will need to happen every quarter.
If you are adopting Option 1: Students Share their Videos with the Class, you will now need to create the D2L discussion that students will use for sharing their media content via Panopto. Once you have created a D2L discussion, use the Providing Students with Instructions - Class as Viewers guide to learn more about how students will interact with Panopto in your course.
If you are adopting Option 2: Students Share their Videos Only with the Instructor, you will now need to add a Panopto link to the Content area of your course. Then, use the Providing Students with Instructions - Instructor as Only Viewer guide to learn more about how students will interact with Panopto in your course.