Before you start using VoiceThread, you'll want to create an identity for yourself. Your identity includes your name and an image, which will appear next to any comments you add to a VoiceThread presentation.
- Click the VoiceThread link you've added to your course site.
- Click (A) the menu icon on the top-left side of the page (it's three white horizontal bars), then (B) click the Go to VT Home option on the dropdown menu.
- Click the down arrow to the right of your name on the top-right side of the page, then select the My Identities option from the dropdown menu. A pop-up window will open that displays identities that you have created in VoiceThread.
- Mouse over your name until the Edit icon appears, then click it. Another pop-up window with options for adding a photo will open.
- Add a photo of yourself by uploading one from your computer or taking a photo of yourself with your webcam.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window. It will close, and your image will now appear in the My Identities window.
- Click the Done button at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Any time you are asked to sign in to VoiceThread, use the same password as the one that you use for D2L. If this credential does not work, you will need to reset your VoiceThread password. Be sure that you enter the same email address and password that you use for D2L when resetting your VoiceThread account.
Once you've created an identity for yourself, it'll be displayed on all of your VoiceThread presentations and next to any comments you add to other people's presentations. View the Creating a VoiceThread guide for more information.