Committee on Learning and Teaching (COLT)
- Examines institutional policies and structures for their impact on teaching and learning.
- Supports the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
- Supports the practice of engaged teaching.
- Considers and advises on how technology affects the practice of teaching.
- Advises the Office for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment on the progress of current initiatives in the colleges and the needs for faculty development in teaching, learning and assessment.
Learn more about the Committee on Learning and Teaching (requires authentication).
Teaching, Learning, and Technology (TLT)
This committee's charge is to provide a forum for faculty, academic support staff, and Academic Affairs/Information Services representatives to evaluate the current functioning of course- and research-based technologies as well as to recommend the adoption and funding of new or expanded technology solutions in direct support of the academic enterprise and Vision 2018.
- All such proposed technology policies and procedures affecting faculty and directly impacting the academic enterprise are sent by the committee to faculty council for review and approval. All other university-wide technology policies and procedure proposals are submitted by IS to the university’s policy and procedures approval process.
- Specific recommendations for prioritization of teaching-and-learning-related technology projects are made by the committee and sent to IS/Academic Affairs or other appropriate units.
- Specific recommendations for project funding are forwarded by the committee to Academic Affairs, IS, or other appropriate funding authorities.
- The committee shall be informed of policy and procedures, project prioritization, and funding decisions.
Learn more about the Teaching, Learning, and Technology Committee (requires authentication).