COVID-19 Updates and Guidance > Guidance > Health & Safety Practices > Health Monitoring
Updated Jan. 5, 2022
One of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home if you are not feeling well. DePaul asks students, faculty and staff to conduct a daily self-screening of their health anytime they prepare to visit campus.
According to the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s self-checker, symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
DePaul follows current CDC guidance for those with symptoms or who may have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID.
If you have possible
COVID-19 symptoms with no exposure: Regardless of vaccination status, get tested as soon as possible. Stay home (except to get tested) while you have symptoms and do NOT attend in-person class. Report positive test results at
this reporting website or call (773) 207-4340. A representative is available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you were exposed to COVID-19 and have no symptoms:
Check CDC guidance to determine if you need to quarantine and when to test.
Everyone has the option to use the free #CampusClear app detailed below to complete a self-screening. While aggregate compliance data will be monitored, DePaul will not use #CampusClear to monitor individual health data, and users should contact their healthcare provider if they need medical advice. In addition, the Chicago Department of Public Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. Phone lines are currently staffed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please email
email@example.com or call (312) 746-4835.
How to download #CampusClear
2. Select and download the app
3. Read agreement and click “I understand”
5. Read consent agreement and click “I consent”
6. Select “student,” “employee” or “visitor” based on your role and click “next”
7. Enter your DePaul.edu email address
8. Check for confirmation email to complete account setup. Email will come from “Ivy Team” at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. In your DePaul email, click “confirm email.”
10. You’re ready to use #CampusClear
How to use #CampusClear before visiting campus
1. Open the app
2. Select any boxes that apply to you
3. Click “see result”
4. Stay home if directed