Staff Council serves as the official liaison between staff and other university constituencies and is a recognized part of the university governance. Staff Council provides visible and proactive voice on issues having significant staff impact.
The purpose of the Council is:
- To represent the concerns of staff and provide a forum for staff to voice those concerns.
- To facilitate shared governance for staff in university planning and decision making.
- To preserve the Catholic, Vincentian and urban nature of the university community by being sensitive to and caring for the needs of each other and those we serve.
In order to fulfill this purpose, the Council does the following:
- Advocates for staff and staff issues.
- Provides information to the President, Provost, and Executive Vice President about staff concerns.
- Works collaboratively with Faculty Council, Student Government Association, Joint Council and other committees and councils throughout the university to provide staff input.
- Hosts monthly meetings.
- Hosts public forums, conducts surveys and polls the DePaul community to determine staff needs, provide forums for discussion, and creates opportunities for community building.
- Provides vehicles for communication for staff ideas, issues, and input.
- Recommends staff-at-large for university-wide committee appointments.
- Reviews policies and procedures that impact staff.
- Evaluates its own policies and procedures to ensure effective leadership for staff.
Staff Council Constitution and Bylaws