Staff Council aims to help staff from across DePaul University get involved with potential leadership and professional development opportunities. If you have a staff opportunity you would like to see posted here, please e-mail the details to email@example.com
Call for Staff Representative - Investment and Plan Administrative Committee (due October 28)
Staff Council is calling for one staff representative for the Investment and Plan Administrative Committee. Please see below for more information. Mission Statement/Purpose
The Investment and Plan Administrative Committee (the Committee) is responsible for overseeing the investment and administrative functions of the DePaul University 403(b) Retirement Plan and the DePaul University 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (“the Plans”). The investment functions include but are not limited to formulating and administering investment policies, the selection of available investments under the Plans and monitoring investment management and performance. Administrative functions will include but are not limited to such activities as activities as formulating administrative procedures, complying with all reporting and disclosure requirements and meeting the other requirements of ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and all other government regulations related to the Plans. Roles and Responsibilities
- Setting investment policies and guidelines, including preparing written policies, establishing benchmarks, reviewing and revising polices and guidelines as appropriate.
- Choosing fund administrators, including identifying criteria for selection, monitoring and replacement of funds.
- Determining appropriate investment vehicles consistent with investment policies and guidelines.
- Maintaining compliance with section 404(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and other relevant regulations.
- Monitoring the management of the funds by reviewing written reports from fund administrators that focus on the primary determinants of returns, including asset allocation and investment strategy.
IPAC meets a total of four (4) times an academic year.
If you are interested in participating in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a brief interest statement addressing the following information:
- Your name, role, and department
- The number of years you’ve been in the college and at DePaul University
- Your interest in serving on the committee and any relevant experience you’ve had
Please submit your statement by Monday, October 28, 2019 at 5pm
Call for Staff Submissions - Strategic Initiative Funding (due November 6)
Seeking Staff Input & Ideas
Council is tasked with gathering and vetting submissions for DePaul
University’s Strategic Initiative Funding. This is where you come in! We invite
you to submit your BIG, BOLD, and CREATIVE ideas to Staff Council.
are seeking submissions from any and all DePaul staff members. Consider
submitting creative ideas that are connected to the Strategic Plan and will
make a difference in day to day life at DePaul University. Collaboration
Council will review and pass on ten (10) submissions to the Office of the
President for consideration. The Office
of the President is responsible for selecting initiatives to fund. We ask
that you answer the following questions in your proposal:
1. What is your idea and which goal or objective in the strategic plan does it serve?
2. What specific need(s) does this idea address
and how will it make a difference?
3. How do you envision DePaul implementing this
4. Based on your research, what is a realistic
budget for this idea?
your proposal by clicking on the link below:
are due by the end of the day on November 6, 2019.
direct any questions to email@example.com