DePaul University Staff Council > Get Involved > Staff Council General Election
Council represent all staff across the university to make a difference
at DePaul. We all work here - let's work together to make it an enriched
and informed community. Staff Council is seeking staff members who
represent all areas of the university, bring different perspectives and
experiences, and who can be the voice for staff colleagues.
Staff Council members serve a two-year term, for which they must be elected by staff peers.
You will submit the online Staff Council Candidacy Form, which includes a brief statement (250
words maximum) about yourself, including:
The information you share will be included on the election ballots sent to university staff.
If you are interested in joining Staff Council, please apply by March 31, 2021 by completing the following steps:
1. Complete the online Staff Council Candidacy Form.
2. Copy and paste the full statement below and e-mail it to your supervisor. Your supervisor must e-mail this Statement of Approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This approval is for (INSERT NAME OF STAFF MEMBER RUNNING FOR STAFF COUNCIL HERE).
I understand any staff member elected to serve on Staff Council will be a representative and advocate for all staff and required to actively participate and attend Staff Council meetings and activities. This includes but is not limited to:
· Monthly meetings (every third Wednesday from 2pm to 4pm, alternating campuses)
· Committee meetings (monthly or bi-monthly as needed)
· Council events (several per year, Loop and Lincoln park campuses)
· University committees (varies)
· Volunteer at university events (varies)
Staff Council members agree to serve a two (2) year term and be available to attend meetings and events.
I grant approval for the staff member indicated above, if elected, to serve.
ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE OF SUPERVISOR