Seven adjunct faculty members were elected or reelected by their peers to serve two-year terms on the 2017-18 adjunct Workplace Environment Committee.
The WEC is charged with hearing, reporting and suggesting resolutions for issues affecting adjunct faculty members. In fulfilling this charge, it creates an avenue to discuss and brainstorm ideas, communicate and share information across colleges, and provide advice and recommendations to the provost and Academic Affairs. The committee can put forth ideas on any workplace issues except for those pertaining to academic policy and governance under the purview of Faculty Council and its Committee on Contingent Faculty.
The seven newly elected adjunct faculty representatives were among 13 eligible adjunct faculty members who nominated themselves for the WEC. All adjunct faculty members teaching or scheduled to teach (as of the first day of Autumn Quarter) in the 2017-18 academic year were eligible to choose from among the nominees from their college or school.
"I look forward to continuing our partnership with the WEC and making further progress to enhance and enrich the adjunct faculty experience at DePaul," says Provost Marten denBoer.
All members of the 2017-18 WEC are listed below. Adjunct faculty representative are eligible to serve the length of the entire term provided they teach or are scheduled to teach at least one course during each academic year of their term.
Newly elected/reelected WEC adjunct faculty representatives (all will serve a two-year term)
- Nate DeWitt, College of Computing and Digital Media (reelected)
- Victoria Hohenzy, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (reelected)
- Murat Kahveci, College of Science and Health
- Paul Kessenich, Driehaus College of Business
- Jack Magaw, The Theatre School (reelected)
- Paul Winters, College of Law
- Mark Zlotkowski, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Incumbent WEC faculty representatives (all have one term remaining)
- Nadia André, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Neal Heitz, College of Communication
- Barry Hollingsworth, Driehaus College of Business
- Ilene Karol, College of Education
- Jeffrey Kowalkowski, School of Music
- Vladimir Lepetic, College of Science and Health
- Peggy St. John, School for New Learning
Ex-officio WEC members
- Mary Mindak, chair, Faculty Council's Committee on Contingent Faculty
- Lucy Rinehart, associate provost for academic programs and faculty