In spring 2019, a number of Blue Demons won Fulbright U.S. Student Program, Boren and Critical Language Scholarships. From Colombia to India and international studies to world language education, 10 students will use their scholarships to study in the 2019-20 academic year across a range of countries and disciplines.
Fulbright U.S. Student Program winners
- Dina Abdalla; international studies major, geography minor; Algeria
- Aidan Falk; English major; American studies, educational studies minor; Colombia
- Erin Hammond; international studies major, political science minor; India
- Gabriella Nelson; international studies major, Spanish minor; Brazil
- Kristen Smaga; world language education – Chinese major, bilingual education and English as a second language minor; Taiwan
- Erna Hrstic; peace, justice and conflict studies major; Croatia
- Anna Rose McGoldrick; Arabic and international studies majors, GIS certificate; Lebanon
Critical Language Scholarship winners
- Anna Ruhe; Chinese studies and political science majors; China
- Liz Spencer; Arabic studies major, business administration minor; Oman
- Clare VanSpeybroeck; Arabic studies and international studies majors, community studies minor; Jordan
Fulbright U.K. Summer Institute winner - completed summer 2019
- Linette Sanchez; political science and economics majors, Spanish minor; United Kingdom
Students looking to apply for this year’s Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant cycle can submit applications by Tuesday, Oct. 8. Those eligible for the program must be U.S. citizens who are graduating seniors, graduate students or alumni. Those looking to apply should contact Phillip Stalley.