After more than 40 years of service to the DePaul community, the Rev. Edward R. Udovic, C.M., Ph.D., announced in January he will retire
at the end of the 2018-19 academic year. Since then, the university has been preparing for the search process for a new vice president of Mission and Ministry.
Given the importance of this search process DePaul has engaged Hyatt-Fennell, a recognized search firm with experience working with Catholic institutions and in recruiting senior leaders with experience in mission integration, ministry and theology within higher education.
A search committee has been carefully selected to represent the campus community. Members of the committee include:
- Erin Berkowitz, director of advising for the College of Science and Health, and Staff Council President
- Alberto Coll, director of Global Engagement and Vincent de Paul Professor in the College of Law, and Faculty Council Representative
- Emily Hoey, vice president of the Student Government Association
- Misty Johanson, Dean of the Driehaus College of Business
- Siobhan O’Donoghue, director of Faculty and Staff Engagement in the Division of Mission & Ministry
- Scott Paeth, professor of Religious Studies and Faculty Council President
- Fr. Christopher Robinson, C.M., instructor of Religious Studies
- Steve Stoute, Chief of Staff and committee co-chair
- Gene Zdziarski, vice president of Student Affairs and committee co-chair
The application deadline for the position of vice president is Monday, May 6. The ultimate goal of the committee is to provide A. Gabriel Esteban, Ph.D., president of DePaul, with viable candidates to fill the role by July 1.
All members of the university community are encouraged to review the prospectus for the position
and communicate with committee members what they hope to see in DePaul’s next vice president of Mission and Ministry.