Self-Guided Exhibition Visits
Teachers and other community group leaders are welcome to conduct self-guided exhibition tours during our public hours. In order to help you prepare, there is a Research Guide link for each exhibition on our website, as well as additional resources you can consult.
- No registration required, but please do email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you will be bringing your class or sending them individually.
- Available during public hours
- Event space may be available for class discussion
Staff-Led Exhibition Tours
Let our experienced staff share their knowledge and expertise with your
students and community groups. We can work with you to tailor a tour so it enhances your lessons and curricula. Our tours are designed for all students, use accessible and relevant language, and encourage conversation.
- Available Wednesday – Friday from 11 am to 5 pm, pending staff availability
- Request a tour at least two or more weeks in advance by filling out this form.
Collection Study Room
A visit to our Collection Study Room enables you and your students to closely examine selected artworks in person. We can guide you in the selection of works based on the area of study and provide background information during your visit. We can also educate your classes about how objects entered the collection as well as broader topics, including the economic and political aspects of collecting art. We welcome all disciplines to explore the collection with us by appointment only.
The collection website allows you to peruse a selection of the museum’s rich holdings for a better understanding of the types of works we collect and our areas of focus. This digital collection platform provides easy access to the collection for use in a classroom setting.
Browse the Collection Online
- Browse DPAM’s permanent collection of more than 3,500 objects online and build a custom object list using the “shopping cart”
- Sample thematic object lists are available upon request
- 1 hour visits available Monday – Friday, 10 am to 4 pm, pending staff availability
- Make an appointment at least 2 weeks in advance by filling out this form.