In order for Document Services to activate and support the Print option on your copier your department
must agree to the following requirements. Document Services does not recommend that this be your sole printer within your department.
1) The department is responsible for providing an active network data jack and adding the print driver for all users. If your copier is currently connected to a card reader there should be an additional network data port available already, it may need to be activated. If the data port is not active or if there is not an available network data port your department would need to activate/ add this port. Document Services can request the activation/port at your department’s expense. If you already have scan to e-mail activated on your copier we can add the print option using the same port.
2) If you have an issue with the print function you will continue to contact Document Services for service. Document Services will first attempt to fix the issue. If we are unable to do so we will contact the vendor for technical support, record the service issue in our database, and communicate with the vendor to request status updates. Our office is open Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We do not have after hour or weekend service.
3) If you need support for any print function that requires a vendor technician to come on site it may result in a billable service call to your department. If you require after hour or weekend service there is an additional fee, and the call must be received by Document Services by 4:00 PM to coordinate the after hour or weekend service. Any call received after 4:00 PM may have to wait for the next scheduled business day and will be considered a standard service call. Phone support is normally free. All hardware issues are still covered at no additional cost. This is only if there is an issue with someone attempting to print to the device and Document Services was unable to fix the issue.
4) Document Services does not have the capability to provide audit usage by user of the print volume. Document Services can only provide the meter read total for the department that will be used to generate the chargeback. The prints are not charged back via a card reader, this will require a manual charge based on the actual meter read. We will set up the print function using University Security protocol procedures so that we minimize unauthorized printing.
5) The cost per print is the same as your department cost per copy. If you are unsure what your cost per copy is please contact Document Services and provide your location number, which can be found on a DePaul label near the control panel of your copier.
If this is something you wish to move forward with please contact Document Services and please provide your copier location number, which can be found on a DePaul lable near the control panel.