Emergency Plan > Trauma > Medical Emergency

Medical Emergency

​If a student, employee or visitor experiences a medical emergency while on campus, University staff and faculty are advised to call 9-1-1 immediately, and then contact Public Safety.  All accidents or injuries that occur on University property, whether life threatening or not, must be promptly reported to Public Safety so that an accident report can be issued.

Public Safety should document the medical incident via report, including photos or witness statements when possible and will contact Facility Operations to clean up any biological materials resulting from the incident.

Emergency Numbers

Lincoln Park and Loop Campus

Chicago Police/Fire Emergency:

Lincoln Park Campus Public Safety:
(773) 325-7777

Loop Campus Public Safety:
(312) 362-8400

Rosalind Franklin Campus

North Chicago Police/Fire Emergency:

Rosalind Franklin Campus Security:
(847) 578-3288

North Chicago Police Non-Emergency:
(847) 596-8774

North Chicago Fire Non-Emergency:
(847) 596-8780