Class of 2019 graduating students with an inspiring message to share are encouraged to apply to become a student speaker at commencement.
Applications are open
until midnight on April 12 for students who would like to be considered to present an address at their respective commencement ceremonies in June.
It is an honor to be selected to present the student commencement address—to convey a message of encouragement, share common experiences and insights, and inspire your fellow graduates to carry the DePaul tradition out into the world.
Graduating students interested in delivering the commencement address must meet these criteria:
- Be eligible for graduation.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Commit to attend and participate fully in the commencement ceremony, including the audition on May 3, 2019, and a mandatory rehearsal on May 31, 2019.
- Early Ticket Pickup will occur on April 15-16. Visit the ticketing site for more details. Later in April, students will have the opportunity to enter a lottery to obtain additional guest tickets.
- Graduates in the June ceremonies have until April 24 to RSVP through Campus Connect and purchase regalia through the DePaul Barnes & Noble bookstore. Graduates will not be able to obtain tickets at Early Ticket Pickup unless both steps have been completed.
- College of Law graduates have until April 2 to purchase regalia.
- Please familiarize yourself with Wintrust Arena’s strict bag and purse policy and share the info with your guests well in advance of commencement day. Anyone carrying a bag or purse that does not comply with the policy will not be allowed inside. In addition, bag check will not be available.