On Monday, Nov. 11, the Office of the Provost will host "Campus Conversations: Academic Perspectives on Cannabis." The event is free and open to all faculty, staff and students. A DePaul ID card is required for entry. Please RSVP online.
"With the upcoming legalization of cannabis in Illinois taking effect on Jan. 1, I thought it might be of value to hold a panel discussion on the issue focusing on the research and expertise on this matter," says Salma Ghanem, interim provost.
The event will feature a panel of DePaul faculty members. Chris Bury, a senior journalist in residence in the College of Communication, will moderate the program. Panelists include:
- Douglas Bruce, associate professor and chair of the Department of Health Sciences
- Suzanne Carlberg-Racich, assistant professor in the Master of Public Health Program
- Michael Grynberg, professor and associate dean in the College of Law
- J. Steven Kelly, associate professor in the Department of Marketing
- Dorothy Kozlowski, professor and interim dean for the College of Science and Health
- Don Opitz, associate professor and interim dean for the School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- The Rev. Christopher Robinson, C.M., instructor in the Department of Religious and Catholic Studies
- Greg Scott, professor in the Department of Sociology
Campus Conversations: Academic Perspectives on Cannabis
Monday, Nov. 11
2 - 3:30 p.m.
Lincoln Park Student Center, room 120 A/B