As usual for this time of the year, Information Services will perform maintenance on many different systems over the month of December. Upcoming system maintenance and downtimes are regularly updated on the IS website and can be found here
- Saturday, Dec. 1: Information Services will conduct maintenance on the main router in DePaul's primary data center. This work will begin around 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1. IS does not anticipate the user community should experience any noticeable impact from this work. However, during this maintenance, the redundant connections will fail over to secondary connections, and servers will most likely experience some brief loss of network connectivity and packet drops.
- Sunday, Dec. 2: IS will perform annual maintenance on Campus Connect. Downtown for the platform will be Sunday, Dec. 2 at 12:01 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 8: IS Network Engineers will upgrade the Aruba WiFi controllers on Saturday, Dec. 8, between 8 a.m. and noon. During this work, the Loop and LPC WiFi access points will go down several times and re-associate with the new controllers. Additionally, 10Gb connections will be added to both location’s controllers to improve WiFi bandwidth.
- Sunday, Dec. 9: IS Network Engineers will perform maintenance on the University Call Center system on Sunday, Dec. 9, between 8 a.m. and noon. The Cisco Contact Center will be unavailable during this upgrade. IS Server Administrators will also be patching all production Windows servers between 1 and 4 a.m. All servers will be rebooted after updates are applied successfully, so some systems may experience a brief (10-20 minute) period of downtime.
- Saturday, Dec. 15: IS will conduct maintenance on the main router in DePaul's secondary Loop data center. This work will begin at ~8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. IS does not anticipate many in the user community should experience any noticeable impact from this work, however during this work, the servers in the IS and the CDM data centers will most likely experience some brief loss of network connectivity and packet drops.
- Sunday, Dec. 16: IS Network Engineers will upgrade the university phone system on Sunday, Dec. 16, between 8 a.m. and noon. During this upgrade, minimal downtime is expected for university phones. However, phone connections will drop and re-associate to the opposite server node during a short period while the maintenance is being performed, and any active phone calls will be dropped at that time.