On Saturday, Feb. 10, all DePaul faculty, staff and students can use their DePaul IDs to gain free admission to the Art Institute of Chicago, as part of "University Partner Day." Throughout the day, the Art Institute will host a number of gallery talks, panels, faculty led tours and a reception.
Schedule of Events:
Student art talks
1 - 2 p.m.
Student representatives from different colleges and universities invite their peers to engage in conversations about works of art in the Art Institute's galleries.
Museum careers panel
2 - 3:20 p.m.
Attend a panel featuring museum professionals who will discuss their diverse roles and dynamic career paths.
- Emily Fry, director of interpretation
- Madhu Ghose, Alsdorf associate curator of Indian & Islamic art
- Maria Kokkori, Stockman Family Foundation research fellow in conservation science
- Michael Neault, executive director, digital experience
- Greg Nosan, executive director of publishing
- Kamilah Rasheid, assistant director of community engagement
Faculty led tours
3:30- 4:45 p.m.
Join faculty members from different colleges and universities as they lead innovative 30 minute tours in the Art Institute's galleries.
3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
Meet peers from different colleges and universities and interact with museum professionals at a reception in the Art Institute's Stock Exchange Room.