On May 20, Lori Lightfoot will be sworn in as Chicago's 56th mayor. As she and her team prepare for their time in office, they have asked a number of DePaul leaders from across the university to assist with the transition, serving as unpaid advisors for a number of teams and committees.
DePaul members asked to serve on mayoral transition teams include:
- Jeff Bethke, executive vice president and chief financial officer, will serve as an advisor for budget and municipal finances
- Suzanne Carlberg-Racich, assistant professor in the Master of Public Health Program, will serve on the Health and Human Services Transition Committee
- José Padilla, vice president and general counsel, will chair the Federal Civil Rights Litigation Division Committee
- Geoff Smith, executive director of the Institute for Housing Studies, will serve on the Housing Transition Committee
- Sonia Soltero, associate professor and chair of the Department of Leadership, Language and Curriculum, will serve on the Education Transition Committee
Congratulations and thank you to those who have agreed to assist the Mayor-elect with her transition into office.