Manages the Council's internal and external communication initiatives, oversees the Voice of Staff process, and develops appropriate communication strategies to enable the council to work with its various university constituencies.
Current Members: Victoria Van Kirk Pride (Chair), John Corba, John Gieger
Diversity, Mission & Inclusion
Advises and collaborates with key university departments, such as University Mission & Values and the Office of Institutional Diversity on topics related to staff diversity, inclusion, culture, and environment.
Current Members: Sandra Tanksley (Chair), Claire Paetsch
Evaluates and recommends ways to make the council more effective, both in its internal functioning, as well as in its impact on the university at-large.
Current Members: Stephanie Halaska (Chair), Jason Majchrzak
Fiscal Planning Advisory
Acts as an advising committee to the President of Staff Council as he/she participates in University fiscal planning processes and committees. The committee's scope includes advising Staff Council representatives participating on committees such as the Strategic Resource Planning Committee (SRAC) and other similar and/or related committees. The Committee provides feedback to both the administration of the university and the President of Staff Council during this process. The Committee also communications regularly with Staff Council members to keep them up to date and notifies them of issues of importance affecting staff and the university, while understanding and adhering to the confidentiality of the information that is given.
Current Members: Shirin Ali (Chair), Jessica Cook
Membership & Elections
Coordinates the logistics of all council meetings, events, and recruitment.
Current Members: Jeanne Williams (Chair), Kate O'Brien, Leslie Triplett- Bracy
Serves as a liaison between the staff members of the university and all employment-related issues, including but not limited to benefits and compensation, public safety, and recruiting.
Current Members: Jennifer Salazar (Chair),
- The Steering Committee is composed of the President, Vice-President, Secretary and the chairs of the standing committees and shall be chaired by the President of the Council.
- The Steering Committee will meet prior to the monthly Staff Council meeting to set the agenda. The calendar of Steering Committee meetings, agendas and minutes will be communicated to the full council in a timely manner.
- The Steering Committee shall encourage and recruit qualified staff to run for Staff Council by:
- Promoting a diverse candidate pool that represents a variety of areas in the university community.
- Contacting all candidates who have submitted petitions prior to the election, and their supervisors, to reiterate council responsibilities and activities.
Current Members: (Steering)