Apply to be a team member or director during DWN's annual spring recruitment. Applications are currently being accepted until April 6, 2018.
DWN Team Members and Directors
Participate in DWN by serving as a team member or team director. Some of the same skills and abilities are required for all team members, regardless of practice area:
- Serve as an ambassador and representative of DWN
- Have a working knowledge of DePaul's Vincentian and Catholic heritage
- Be willing to have fun, think creatively and take calculated risks
- Have a commitment to advancing diversity as it relates to women and gender in the workplace
- Dedication to quality and customer service
- Ability and/or desire to work in an inter-disciplined, collaborative environment
- Professionalism: the ability to work independently or in a group, make consistent decisions and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Effective communication skills, including oral and written expression
The four DWN teams are listed below with brief descriptions. For detailed information, please click on the team name.
administers DWN's business affairs, which include budget management, performance assessment, and administrative operations. The team manages DWN’s workflow, assists with coordinating event logistics, provides budget and data analysis, and interprets and applies university policies and procedures for action within DWN.
Membership & Engagement
creates engaging quarterly events for DWN members, such as brown bags, speaker panels, service activities, networking events, happy hours and more. Additionally, members on this team plan DWN's annual fall membership reception and spring celebration.
executes a diverse, highly engaging slate of events targeted toward professional development, networking, and support for all DePaul women faculty and staff, with some events being open to the entire university community. Members of this team develop and plan DWN's annual schedule of events with an emphasis on achieving a balanced variety of topics and event formats.
Marketing & Communication
manages DWN’s voice and spreads
the word about the Network's mission and events. This work entails
coordinating and producing event communications, maintaining
DWN's digital presence (website, email, event registration and blog), and
ensuring the creation of quality content for all DWN messaging and
materials (print, email and online).