The Marketing & Communications team manages DWN’s voice and spreads the word about the Network's mission and events. This work entails coordinating and producing DWN event communications, maintaining DWN's digital presence (website, blog and social media channels), and ensuring the creation of quality content for all DWN messaging and materials (print, email or online).
- Content creation (DWN email communications and social media)
- Website management (maintain and update content)
- Marketing and promotions (drive the marketing of DWN events; order promotional items)
- Brainstorm creative ways to make DWN a visible and engaging presence online and within the campus community
- Maintains DWN communication channels and resources (website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and WordPress blog)
- Coordinates DWN's event email campaigns in partnership with CRM
- oordinates DWN event communications (emails) in partnership with CRCollaborates across all DWN teams to collect or create content for DWN communications
- Standardizes language for DWN communications and empowers members to stay on-message when discussing the Network
- Copy edits all content prior to publication/distribution
- Monitors DPUWomensNetwork email account and responds to routine inquiries
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with the effective uses of social media and user experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, event management tools (EventBrite) and content management systems (SharePoint, WordPress)
- Desired Skills: Content strategy and creation. Knowledge of AP style. Experience with SharePoint, WordPress and Eventbrite.
In addition to the required skills listed above, the Marketing & Communications Director has:
- 3- to 5-years’ experience managing staff and/or medium- to large-scale projects
- Demonstrated experience developing staff and proven ability to guide less-experienced team members
- Working knowledge or familiarity with SharePoint, WordPress and Eventbrite--or a willingness to learn.
- Broad understanding of communicationsA wADDesiredvDesired Skills:
Time Commitment: Director (8-10 hrs/mo), Team Member (6-8 hrs/mo)