The Membership & Engagement team creates engaging quarterly events for DWN members, such as brown bags, speaker panels, service activities, networking events, happy hours and more. Additionally, members of this team plan DWN's annual fall membership reception and spring celebration.
- Event planning (idea conception, development and execution)
Desired Qualifications for Director of Membership & Engagement
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Experience and/or interest in event planning
- Ability to contribute creative ideas, expertise, and personal and professional connections to develop engaging events for DWN members
- Ability to manage a budget for DWN member events
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferred
Team Member Core Responsibilities
- Contribute ideas, expertise, and personal and
professional connections to develop quality events centered on
professional development, networking and service
- Design and plan events that meet the needs and interests of DWN members
- Leverage connections and seek out partnerships to raise profile and desirability of DWN member-exclusive events
- Facilitate member at large involvement and engagement
- Brainstorm creative ways for the Network to best serve its members
Director and Team Member Opportunities
- Develop event planning experience
- Influence the type and frequency of events targeted towards DWN members
- Help bring DWN's mission and vision to life by creating opportunities for DPU women to connect, learn and share ideas
- Connect and collaborate with other DPU women and expand network at DePaul as a result
- In addition to the above, the Director of Membership & Engagement has the opportunity to gain experience managing and leading a team, and medium- to large- scale projects
Time commitment per month varies based on projects. Directors meet monthly with DWN leadership.
Apply to be a team member or director during DWN's annual spring recruitment. Applications are currently being accepted until April 6, 2018.