Tomorrow, April 6, is the deadline for students graduating in June to order a cap and gown for commencement. The ordering deadline for Law was March 12.
A cap and gown reservation indicates a student's plans to attend a commencement ceremony. This critical step MUST be completed by April 6 if students are to participate. They can order online or at the DePaul Loop Bookstore or DePaul Lincoln Park Bookstore.
To order online:
- Click on this link
- Click on the link/icon titled "ORDER NOW"
- Select your school or college
- Select your degree type (e.g. Bachelors, Doctoral or Masters)
- Click on the button at the top of the page titled "Cap & Gown"
- Select "GRADUATION REGALIA"
NOTE: The only REQUIREMENT is that you order the Tam, Gown, Tassel, Hood option for $0.00. Any other orders will incur a charge that is your responsibility to pay.
- Early Ticket Pickup will occur on April 16-17. Visit the ticketing site for more details about the event. For each unneeded commencement ticket you release at Early Ticket Pickup, you'll receive a ticket for a raffle to win an Apple Watch.
- Students who would like the chance to receive additional tickets to their ceremony will have the opportunity to enter their names into a lottery. Shortly after the April 16-17 Early Ticket Pickup events, the Office of University Events will send an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with lottery instructions to graduating students in ceremonies that require tickets.
- Student speaker applications are open until midnight on April 20 for students graduating in the June ceremonies. Eligibility, guidelines, and the submission and selection processes are detailed on the DePaul Commencement website.
- Please familiarize yourself with Wintrust Arena's strict bag and purse policy and share the info with your guests well in advance of commencement day. Anyone carrying a bag or purse that does not comply with the policy will not be allowed inside. In addition, bag check will not be available.