The days are getting (a little) warmer. The first buds are sprouting on tree branches. The Polar Vortex is a distant memory. Time to start thinking about getting back outside and focusing on health and wellness. DePaul Human Resources is committed to helping you achieve a healthy lifestyle.
The 2019 Healthy Vincent’s Wellness Program is designed to encourage good habits that promote overall health and well-being. Let spring be the time to schedule appointments and plan for a year of healthy living. Get your teeth cleaned. Set up a DePaul 403(b) financial planning session. Make an appointment for that annual checkup with your doctor.
Visit Interactive Health
and take a little time to create a Personal Health Action Plan. It’s a good way to make a wellness plan for the year. A complete list of activities can be found here
. By now, most DePaul employees are probably familiar with many of the ways to earn wellness points. Although physicals, checkups, and screenings are well-known ways to stay healthy and earn points, check out some other activities that you may want to consider this year:
1) Participate in local activities.
Examples of local activities include, but are not limited to:
• Complete 5K+ Walk or Run
• Volunteer to Work 5K Walk or Run
• Volunteer at Charity Event
• Attend Fitness Center (average 3X per week)
• Participate in a Food Drive
• Attend Blood Drive
• Attend Lunch and Learns or Onsite Educational Meetings
• Weight Watchers at Work
2) Participate in challenges at work.
2019 Team Challenges:
• Unplug to Recharge Challenge - April 1 – April 28
• Fruit and Veggie Challenge - May 27 – June 10
• Water Works Challenge - July 22 – August 5
3) Log steps via Steps Log on member website.
• You’ll receive one (1) point for every 10,000 steps per day, up to (2) points per day.
• You have an opportunity to earn a total of 10 points for logging steps during this campaign period.
to register, review your plan and earn points. Fist-time users register with the DePaul code K6UV3
Has the Healthy Vincent's wellness program helped you to meet your personal health goals?
All active full-time and part-time, benefits-eligible faculty and staff enrolled in DePaul’s medical plan (PPO, CDHP, HMOIL), as well as COBRA participants are eligible to earn a $300 incentive for earning 100 points through participation in healthy activities between Jan. 1, 2019 and Oct. 31, 2019. See the program details
for additional information.
Don’t forget about the health & fitness discounts available to you